The Tour of Britain is British Cycling’s premier road cycling event and the country’s largest annual free-to-spectate sporting event.
Tour of Britain is the highlight of Britain’s Cycling Calendar. The eight-day race is the UK’s highest ranked cycle race. As a part of the UCI Europe Tour it attracts the world’s top teams and riders. They will battle it out, racing on British roads, against the best of the British domestic scene and the UK’s most promising youngsters.
The 8 day stage race starts in Glasgow, weaving its way down the west of the country before sweeping across to London for the final stage. The Tour has two circuit stages, these will be held on the final two stages of the tour, stage 7 in Bristol and stage 8 in London.
Chain Reaction Cycles are proud to be Partners of the Race again this year and will be at the finish line of each stage. Make sure to call in and see them in the Big Blue Tent, you might even have a chance to win some prizes and free goodies!
- Sunday 4th September – Glasgow to Castle Douglas
- Monday 5th September – Carlisle to Kendal
- Tuesday 6th September – Congleton to Tatton Park, Knutsford
- Wednesday 7th September – Denbigh to Builth Wells
- Thursday 8th September – Aberdare to Bath
- Friday 9th September – Sidmouth to Haytor, Dartmoor
- Saturday 10th September – Bristol (circuit)
- Sunday 11 September – London (circuit)
If you fancy taking up a hobby or taking part in a cycling event near you then get up to 45% off the big bike sale at Chain Reactions Cycles and if you shop online via Give as you Live you can raise even more for your chosen charity!