Yes that’s right shoppers Spring is here!
Which means it’s that time of year again where you need to get busy planting bulbs so your garden can look bright and beautiful ready for the Summer!
During the early spring months it’s important to start planting some of the flowers that take longer to grow – these could include daffodils and agapanthus.
During late spring you can start thinking about prepping hanging baskets, containers and borders with ready grown flowers. If you want to be super organised plan out colour schemes before planting and how they will look when in full bloom.
What to plant now for the summer garden:
- Busy Lizzies
Here’s what to do:
- Firstly you should buy bulbs when they’re as fresh as possible, did you know Summer bulbs are usually on sale from early spring onwards, when they’re dormant.
- Picking healthy bulbs will feel firm and show no signs of mould or damage. You should look for bigger bulbs as they’ll produce bigger blooms.
- Soil temperature tends to be 13°C – as the colder soil bulbs will not start to grow and may rot.
- Having different bulbs involves having different soil types but usually for summer bulbs they tend to like a warm, sunny position.
- Now it’s time to start digging! You should do individual holes for each bulb or a trench for many bulbs. Then you should place the bulbs in the holes without pushing too down hard.
- Cover the bulbs with the soil to ensure it’s all covered and sprinkle a little water over to get started!
Find the best plants for garden simply head over to Give as you Live to shop with some our top retailers & raise free funds for your chosen charity!