Is there anything more enjoyable than a camping holiday for all the family? With sun, sea, sand, fish and chips and outdoor games to enjoy, there is plenty to recommend the experience – and some excellent coastal campsites to experience. Here are some of our favourites:
- Ewelease Farm in Dorset – open for just one month in August each year with a family atmosphere and festival vibe. It has 1,000 tent pitches and superb facilities.
- Kintra Farm, Isle of Islay – ideal for secluded wild camping, but with access to great facilities. Ideal for surf lovers.
- Overstand, Norfolk – great clifftop campsite with a path directly to the beach. Find a pub, shop, games room and cafe on the site itself.
- Sango Sands Oasis, Sutherland – this is located in one of the most northern points in the UK. Fantastic for getting away from it all.
- Glenbrittle, Isle of Skye – ideal for hikers and climbers, with a local distillery and hand-roasted coffee at the campsite cafe.
- Coastal Stay, Pembrokeshire – head to Wales for a superb location with plenty of sport and leisure facilities, plus a great cafe and shop.
- Beach View Holiday Park, Suffolk – geared towards caravanners and glampers who like to have their creature comforts close to home, it’s a stunning location near RSPB Minsmere and the beach.
- Aberafon, Wales – head to Llyn Peninsula to enjoy the sea and mountains with its own pebbled beach. Enjoy sea sports, swimming and sunsets aplenty.
- Troytown Campsite, Isle of Scilly – you’ll find wonderful sunshine here in St Agnes, with dairy farms around you and white sands. Enjoy the island pub and boat trips around the local coastal sites.
- Ocean Pitch, Croyde, Devon – ideal for surfing and amenities, with bell tents available to book and a daily breakfast delivery.
Get Stocked Up
Don’t forget to stock up on your camping essentials before you go away. Here are some of our recommendations.
A Portable Bouncer
If you’ve got little ones with you with energy to burn, this portable bouncer could be just the trick for keeping them entertained – Find it at B&Q for £215 here >
A Group Getaway
Travelling with a large group of family or friends? This tepee-style tent holds 12 people and is just £200 from Tesco – Shop here >
The Weber Smokey Joe portable BBQ is ideal for taking down to the beach. Enjoy all the smoky and classic BBQ flavours with the charcoal burn for just £56.99 at John Lewis – Find here >
Dine in Style
Heading out for stylish picnic lunch? Treat yourself to this luxury hamper-style dining set for four from M&S. It costs just £75 and you can find it here >
Even in the summer holidays, it’s worth being prepared for showers! This beautiful girls’ rainmac is by Ted Baker, and it boasts the classic floral print, a stunning design and a drawstring waist for rain-proofing and fashionable looks. It’s on sale at Debenhams for £45 here >
Are you ready to embrace camping this year?