So far we’ve helped EDS UK raise over £7579 just by shopping, ordering, and fundraising online via Give as you Live.
Who are Ehlers-Danlos Support and what do they do?
EDS UK was set up in 1987 to support, advise and inform those living with the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. They are the only UK based charity that exclusively represents people with all types of EDS. The charity aims to help people living with EDS to live a full, active and positive life.
The Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS) are a group of thirteen individual genetic conditions, all of which affect the body’s connective tissue. The tissues exist to hold organs and other tissues in place, but in EDS a gene mutation causes the tissue to be fragile and stretchy which can cause severe and, sometimes, very visible problems.
EDS UK strive to educate the medical community, promote continuity of care, improve accurate diagnosis and provide information on specialist treatment and management of the condition. EDS UK provides 50 support groups around the country to provide a local support network and they help fund vital research to further understand EDS.
Wondering ‘Why the Zebra?’
- Medical students are taught the term ‘zebra’ to describe a rare condition.
- They are taught to assume the simplest explanation is usually correct.
- But Zebra’s DO exist. Getting a diagnosis for EDS can be difficult.
How can I raise funds for Ehlers-Danlos Support?
- Support EDS UK through Give as you Live, each time you shop online you’ll raise free funds!
- You can make a one-off donation to Ehlers-Danlos Support
- Purchase a reloadable shopping card and raise each time you top up!
- Participate and get involved by setting up your own fundraising page to support the charity
Where do the funds I raise for EDS UK go?
£5 can allow us to research into EDS further and to provide treatment and relief to those suffering
“ Our vision is that nobody should be left to fight on their own. Every person with EDS should have access to the appropriate medical services and care.”