Congratulations to Kicks Count on becoming our featured charity!
So far we’ve helped raise over £700 for Kicks Count just by shopping, ordering & fundraising online via Give as you Live.
Who are Kicks Count and what do they do?
Kicks Count’s aim is to lower the UK’s stillbirth and neonatal death rate by raising awareness of baby’s movements in pregnancy. Kicks Count work extremely hard on empowering every Mum with the confidence to call for advice if she is ever worried during her pregnancy.
A baby’s movements indicate its wellbeing and a reduction in fetal movement can be a key warning sign that the baby is in distress. By recognising a change in movement and reporting it to their healthcare professional Mums can help ensure the healthy delivery of their baby… Kicks Count also supply amazing information to fathers to be and to midwives and neonatal nurses.
Sadly, The UK’s current stillbirth and neonatal death rate combined means that, every single day, 15 sets of parents will not take their precious newborn baby home. A stillborn baby is one who has died before or during birth at or after 24 weeks of pregnancy. A neonatal death happens in the first 28 days after birth. Still Birth can happen to any Mother at and time.
How can I raise funds for Kicks Count?
– Give as you Live allows you to shop online & every purchase will raise free funds!
– You can donate to Kicks Count here or by texting ‘KICKS’ to 70660
– Purchase a reloadable in-store shopping card and raise each time you top up!
– Participate and get involved in setting up your own fundraising page to raise funds for Kicks Count
Where do the funds go?
– £5 allows Kicks count to print enough leaflets for midwives to hand to 350+ Mums
– £60 allows Kicks Count to send 10 midwives “Kicks Count packs” so that they can spread the word to all the mums they meet.
“Remember to report any change in your baby’s regular pattern of movement to your Midwife”