With this sudden burst of summer-like weather, everyone is flocking to parks in their flip-flops and sunglasses, embracing probably the only bit of sun we’ll see all year.
Last weekend I went for a picnic with some friends, I say picnic…we had some cheese sticks and a blanket, so this week I’m making sure I’m prepared for the predicted good weather this weekend. With the Give as you Live shopping App, you can give to charity at no cost to you or the charity whilst shopping online. There are over 1,200 stores to choose from, and I’m going to show you the best picnic goodies around. Remember before you go shopping to get the Give As You Live™ App.
Strawberry Fool give up to 4% with the Give As You Live™ App and this weekend they have an excellent Picnic & Party Time Offer! They’ve just taken delivery of their new picnic and party ranges for 2011. I love the bright, fresh colours and patterns combined with pretty bunting and traditional wicker- quintessentially English. If you subscribe to their newsletter, for this weekend only you can help yourself to 10% off! Simply sign up and enter PICNICTEN on the basket page. Offer expires midnight 27th March and usual terms of sale apply.
Now to fill up your picnic hamper, Tesco’s give up to £2.50 to your charity with the Give as you Live App for first time shoppers and Sainsbury’s give 25p per shop, here’s a selection of the best picnic foods…
- Tuck into Tesco’s finest cheese selection for £6.50
- Take some tiger bread to eat with yummy cheese, was £1.20, now 95p at Tesco
- Pack some bite sized sausages, only £1.69 for 40 at Sainsbury’s
- Add some crisps to your hamper, any 2 for £3.00 (1.75 each) at Tesco
- Cute mini pork pies on offer at Sainsbury’s, were £1.49 now 74p
- A picnic isn’t a picnic without strawberries! Save 50% now £1.87 at Sainsbury’s
- And don’t forget the cream, buy 2 for £1.50 at Sainsbury’s
- Mmm hot cross buns will go down a treat, 70p each or 2 for £1 at Tesco
- So refreshing on a summers day, Sicilian Lemonade from Sainsbury’s £1.69
- Sainsbury’s Lemon Swirl Cheesecake, buy 2 for £1.80, delicious!
- Pimm’s ready to drink can is perfect for those summer days, any 4 for £5.00 at Tesco
- Exotic fresh fruit salad- Buy 2, get 2nd half price (£2.00) at Sainsbury’s
Hope you enjoy the weekend, I know I will with my new picnic hamper, I just hope the weather man hasn’t got it wrong!