This pancake day falls on Tuesday 17th February. Whether you’re a top pancake flipper or so good that you get them stuck to the ceiling, make sure you have the essentials this pancake day to make perfect pancakes for all the family.
Pancake making essentials
- OXO Good Grips Angled Measuring Cup, £12.00, House of Fraser
- Wooden spoon, £1.61, Amazon
- Typhoon Ultimate 11″ Pancake Pan, £18.99, Amazon
- OXO Good Grips Large silicone flexible turner, £5.99, John Lewis
- Stainless Steel Citrus Juicer, £4.29, Lakeland
Fool proof pancake recipe
- 110g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
- Put the flour, eggs, milk and salt into a large bowl and whisk until it is a smooth batter and set aside for half an hour.
- Wipe your pan with an oiled piece of kitchen roll and heat it up to a medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, pour the batter into the pan, so it just fills the space and cook until golden brown, FLIP and cook the other side into golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of filling, we’ve pinned some ideas over on Pinterest for inspiration!