Unless you were hidden under a rock yesterday (or you just aren’t that into tech) you’ll know the iPhone 5 has finally been announced.
In true Apple fashion, the design looks like it hasn’t altered. But I don’t mind – why change something that is so-user friendly? As the saying goes ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.’
They announced it with a modest tongue-in-cheek slogan ‘The biggest thing to happen to iPhone since iPhone’ which I adore. If you are yet to jump on the iPhone bandwagon, you are missing out… big time. I struggle to imagine life without mine now.
So what’s new…?
- Thinner, lighter design
- 4-inch retina display – although the shell is the same size as the 4S, the 5 boasts a larger screen making things more ‘vivid and lifelike’
- Ultrafast wireless– it has 4G which means you can browse, download and stream content at the speed of light (or near enough)
- A6 chip– making the phone ultra-powerful, meaning longer battery life (finally!) and graphics performance up to twice as fast
- iSight Camera– you can now shoot panoramic photos
- iOS 6 – “the world’s most advance operating system”
- New earpods – Apple have replaced the standard earphones you see everyone with on the tube with all-new ‘earpods’, promising a more comfortable and improved audio experience
- Siri knows more!- As if this intelligent assistant could know more (I mean it tells you where to hide a body – and see more fun things to ask Siri), now it will also tell you if you need an umbrella or not.
What’s not so good…
Well, you know all those lovely gadgets that are made for the iPhone/iPod/Mac etc… well… you’ll need to buy a new adaptor to connect the iPhone 5. The new lightning connector is smaller than the standard 30-pin connector that’s on all Apple products, which is slightly annoying. Although, Apple boasts it’s reversible (so you can plug it in either way) and it’s more durable.
Hmm, it will be interesting to see what new gadgets have been developed by Apple for the iPhone 5, as it will take a while for other tech to catch up to accommodate the new eight-signal design.
How to buy it…
You can pre-order the iPhone 5 online from September 14th with prices starting at £529.
Also keep an eye out at the stores below for upcoming contract deals. You can raise up to £40 for your charity at no extra cost when you shop at them with Give as you Live…