Check out 15 unique Father's Day Gifts that give back to charity. Make Father's Day 2023 a special one this year!Read more
5 Ways To Support International Women's Day
What is International Women's Day?
Each year on 8th March, International Women's Day commemorates all social, economic, cultural and political achievements women have made. It is a day dedicated to demonstrating how women have influenced the world and continue to do so. As well as celebrating brilliant women, it's also used as a day to highlight and raise awareness of the issues women still face.
The theme for this year is "Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”, recognising that women and girls bear the greatest burden of the impacts of the climate crisis. As women all over the world are more dependent on natural resources and often have an unequal responsibility for getting essentials such as food and water, they are needed to lead the change in climate adaptation, solutions and mitigation.
Ways You Can Support:
1. Show Your Support On Social Media
In line with the theme for this year, you can show your support by reading, sharing and supporting the stories and work of the women at the forefront of the climate crisis. Use #IWD2022 to spread awareness on social media, and share how you support gender-equal climate measures.
Why not begin by learning why women need to be at the heart of #Climateaction?
2. Donate To Charities Supporting Women
Here are a few charities you can support that are fighting for gender equality and women's rights:
Women For Women International help where inequality is greatest by helping women who are survivors of war and conflict.
EQUALITY NOW challenge and apply the law to establish equality for women and girls everywhere.
Women's Aid Federation of England work towards ending domestic violence against women and children.
Young Women's Trust provides opportunities for young women by addressing poverty, inequality and discrimination.
3. Watch An Empowering Feminist TV Show
What better way to support International Women's day by watching documentaries/dramatised series based on real-life women. Streaming sites such as Sky are rolling out plenty of feminist content for International Women's Day. When you shop with Sky through Give as you Live Online, you can raise up to £35.00 in free donations for your favourite charity!
Looking for the perfect series to watch? Take a look at our list of favourites:
- Catherine The Great
- Work In Progress
- Handmaid's Tale
4. Shop Women-Owned Brands
Why not challenge yourself to seek out female-owned businesses to support this International Women's Day? Share your challenge with your friends and encourage them to help women prosper!
Here is our list of women-owned brands that you can support:
- Never Fully Dressed: A women-owned clothing brand that provides beautiful clothes for women of all bodies, shapes and ages. As a result of buying through Give as you Live Online you’ll raise up to 3.5% in free funds for your chosen charity!
- Crafters Companion: Their products include thousands of crafting must-haves including stamps, dies, embossing folders and cards. When you buy through Give as you Live Online you’ll raise 0.5% in free funds for your chosen charity!
- Starling Bank: An award-winning bank built to give people a fairer, more human alternative to the banks of the past. Even better, when you go through Give as you Live Online you’ll raise up to £15 in free funds for your chosen charity!
- Beauty Pie: This cutting-edge brand supply skincare, glow-giving makeup and brilliant bodycare. The Founder of this company Marcia Kilgore also founded FitFlop and Soap & Glory. When you buy through Give as you Live Online you’ll raise up to £2.50 in free funds for your chosen charity!
5. Recognise The Wonderful Women In Your Life
We all need a lift sometimes. Simple shows of affection and love can go a long way in helping people to keep going. Whether it’s your mother or a friend – text, call or video call an important woman in your life so you can let them know how much they mean to you!
What is Give as you Live Online?
Give as you Live Online is a FREE online fundraising platform that has raised over £27 million for UK charities just through online shopping. There are over 6,000 stores listed and over 200,000 charities available to support. Sign up, click through Give as you Live Online and raise free donations whenever you shop!
Offers, donation rates and participating stores are correct at the time of writing and are subject to change. Please visit the Give as you Live Online website for the most up to date information.
You may also be interested in...
Looking for some easy baking ideas that'll raise money for charity? Look no further, we have you covered with brownies, rabbit...Read more
Looking to see how you can increase your fundraising? Read up on how Michelle uses Give as you Live Online to raise donations...Read more
Looking for ways to celebrate International Day of Happiness? Look no further! We've put together a list for you to take...Read more
Ready to get started?
Start shopping today - just choose a charity, enter a few details and you can be raising in minutes.