Charity Guide: Earn Donations on Facebook
Receive donations from your supporters on Facebook
Following recent changes to Facebook (April 2019), it is no longer possible to add your donate link to a Facebook button. Therefore, we've created this guide to help you add a pinned post to the top of your timeline.
How To Add A Pinned Post
By pinning a post on Facebook, you can keep your most important message right at the top of your page. Here's how to pin a post to receive donations:
1. Copy and paste the text below, editing the text in red to make it personal to your charity.
Donate to <insert charity name> today.
Just <insert amount> helps us to <insert what the amount pays for>
2. Get your donate link by clicking the button below. Then, add this link to the bottom of the post. This will autogenerate an image and banner with appropriate text. Once this appears, delete the text link that you pasted into the post. This will leave the banner without the ugly text link above!
3. Click share now to push the post to your newsfeed.
4. Now you need to 'pin' the post to the top of your timeline to ensure it is seen by everyone who visits your page. To do this, click the 3 dots in the top right-hand corner of your post, then select 'Pin to top of page'.
5. When it's successfully pinned you'll see a blue pin icon in the top right-hand corner of the post. You're all set to start collecting donations.
You may also be interested in...
Ready to get started?
Start shopping today - just choose a charity, enter a few details and you can be raising in minutes.