Congratulations to BEAT – Beating Eating Disorders our charity of the month this May!
So far there we’ve helped BEAT raise over £1,300 just by shopping, ordering or booking online via Give as you Live and it doesn’t cost anything extra.
About Beating eating disorders (BEAT):
Eating disorders are conditions that can affect someone physically, psychologically and socially. It’s a serious mental illnesses and can include anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorders.
Over 725,000 men and women in the UK are affected by eating disorders!
The sooner someone gets the treatment they need, the more likely they are to make a full recovery.
Types of Eating disorders:
- Binge eating disorders
- Emotional overeating
- Eating disorder not otherwise specified
- Disordered eating/eating problems
Who can be affected?
Anyone can develop an eating disorder! Regardless of their age, sex or cultural background.
They find that young women are most likely to develop an eating disorder, aged 12 to 20, but older women and men of all ages can also have an eating disorder. Children as young as seven can develop anorexia and there is a greater proportion of boys in this younger age group.
How can you help?
- Fundraising – Bake, run, walk, trek or swim!
- Volunteering – Beat cannot operate without the help of people putting their time into helping out.
- Become a member – It offers you the opportunity to be more involved in our work, to join a network of support and information and to access the latest news and advances in research.
- Raise free funds when shopping online via Give as you Live, every penny counts – Sign up now >>