So far we’ve helped raise over £400 for our featured charity just be shopping, ordering and fundraising online via Give as you Live.
Who are Crowborough Community First Responders and what do they do?
Crowborough Community First responders are volunteers that work alongside South East Coast Ambulance Service. They are not a substitute for the Ambulance service but they do work alongside. They are based in the community and are, therefore, often at the scene before the Ambulance service arrives. The first responders are able to provide lifesaving treatment ahead of the ambulance arriving.
The primary roles of a Community First Responder are to provide life-saving emergency treatment, to prevent deterioration, promote recovery and preserve life. CFRs carry medical equipment including dressings and oxygen. The aim of South East Coast Ambulance Service is to provide the appropriate care to life-threatening emergency calls within 8 minutes. Sometimes, particularly in the case of cardiac arrest calls, this can still be too long and this is where the local Community First Responder role is of particular benefit. For example, 270 children die in the UK every year after suffering a Sudden Cardiac Arrest at school and, without immediate treatment, 90-95% of Sudden Cardiac Arrest victims will die.
How can I raise funds for Crowborough Community First?
- Support Crowborough Community First through Give as you Live, each time you shop online you’ll raise free funds!
- You can make a one-off donation to Crowborough Community First
- Purchase a reloadable shopping card and raise each time you top up!
- Participate and get involved by setting up your own fundraising page to raise funds for Crowborough Community First responders
How do funds raised help Crowborough Community First?
– Each group of CFR’s are provided with 2 CFR kits. Each one of these kits cost around £1,800.
– £18 pays for a replacement set of defibrillator pads.