With France being a stone’s throw away, it’s a wonder why some of us don’t visit more regularly – London to Paris is a mere five-hour drive.
From the French Alps to the beaches of St Tropez, France has something to offer everyone – along with exceptional cheese and wine!
There is always something new to discover, whether it’s the lush landscapes inland or the rugged coastlines of the north, not to mention croissants and coffee (I’ve talked about food a lot haven’t I… what can I say, French food is good!)
Beautiful weather coupled with the gorgeous countryside makes France an excellent choice for a camping holiday! Canvas Holidays has an outstanding range of campsites across France, with luxury accommodation to suit everyone’s budget.
Camping in the Loire Valley
“The Loire Valley is one of France’s most famous regions: a lush green land of gently undulating countryside with rich vineyards, charming towns and magnificent châteaux reflected in peaceful waterways. No wonder it’s one of our most popular destinations for camping.”
Things to do in the Loire Valley:
- Visit Château de Chinon – the castle where Richard the Lionheart was born and Joan of Arc persuaded the Dauphin to be crowned.
- Walk around the formal gardens of Château de Chenonceau with its iconic gallery built right across the River Cher.
- Watch Le Mans, the gruelling 24-hour race that tests the skills of drivers and the performance of their cars.
Camping in the Alps
“Snow capped peaks, flower-filled mountains and crystal lakes are the essence of camping in the French Alps -one of the world’s most spectacular outdoor playgrounds. Activities on offer include hiking, climbing, skiing and mountain biking.”
Things to do in the French Alps:
- Visit the Aix les Bains famed for its thermal springs
- Explore Parc National des Ecrins, the largest French National Park
- Marvel at CERN- the world’s largest particle physics lab is just over the Swiss border.
Camping in the Côte d’Azur
“Côte d’Azur is one of the most popular holiday destinations in France –where uninterrupted stretches of beaches and sheltered coves jostle with traditional fishing ports, cosmopolitan resorts and tranquil hill-top villages.”
Things to do in the Côte d’Azur:
- Celeb spot at St Tropez
- Hire a bike and explore the cultural sites in Nice
- Relax at the fishing port of Villefranche-sur-Mer