Congratulations to Kent Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre on becoming our featured charity!
So far we’ve helped raise over £1600 for Kent Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre just by shopping, ordering, and fundraising online via Give as you Live.
Who are Kent Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre what do they do?
Multiple Sclerosis commonly known as MS is a disease which affects the nerves in the brain and spinal cord, causing problems with muscle movement, balance and vision and there is currently no cure. There are between 15-20 people being newly diagnosed with MS each week in the East of Kent.
The Kent MS Therapy Centre was established over 30 years ago by people with MS for people with MS in some prefabricated buildings in Canterbury. In January 2015, a brand new purpose-built therapy centre opened and which now enables the charity to meet the needs of many more people living with MS in Kent.The Centre provides therapies such as hydrotherapy, physiotherapy, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and reflexology. The Kent MS Therapy Centre doesn’t receive any government or other core funding, therefore, rely entirely on donations and fundraising events to operate the Centre which costs an average of £300k per year.
How can I raise funds for Kent Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre?
- Give as you Live – Shop online & every purchase will raise free funds!
- You can donate to Kent Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre
- Participate and get involved in setting up your own fundraising page to raise funds for Kent Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre
Where do the funds go?
- £3.50 Funds a gym session for someone living with MS
- £20 Provides a monthly body massage for a person with muscle spasticity
- £35 Funds a Hydrotherapy session for someone with MS
“Our aim is to radically improve the lives of those with MS, their families and those who care for them and to be recognised as the next point of contact following MS diagnosis”