Our Featured charity - The Lymphoma Association
Congratulations to The Lymphoma Association on becoming our featured charity!
So far we’ve helped raise over £2200 for The Lymphoma Association just by shopping, ordering, and fundraising online via Give as you Live.
Who are The Lymphoma Association and what do they do?
Lymphoma occurs when lymphocytes (white blood cells that help to fight infection) become out of control. They divide in an abnormal way or do not die when they should. It is currently the most common blood cancer and the fifth most common cancer diagnosed in the UK. Lymphoma can occur at any age and is, unfortunately, the most common cancer affecting those under the age of 30. Around 1 in 10 cancers diagnosed in children are lymphomas.
The Lymphoma Association provides specialist information and support to help lymphoma patients, their relatives, friends and carers. They help people feel less vulnerable, more confident and more in control, which helps them, cope and deal with their treatment. They provide helplines, Support Groups, Information, Lymphoma Conferences and Training to professionals.
How can I raise funds for The Lymphoma Association?
- Through Give as you Live as whenever you shop online every purchase will raise free funds!
- You can donate to The Lymphoma Association
- Reloadable in-store shopping card and raise each time you top up!
- Participate and get involved in setting up your own fundraising page to raise funds for The Lymphoma Association
Where do the funds go?
Funds raised go towards core services which Provide lymphoma-specific information and support for anyone affected and raise awareness of lymphoma and its symptoms to encourage early diagnosis.
- £5 can help a person affected by lymphatic cancer to receive the support and information they need.
- £15 can help pay for an hour of dedicated helpline support. This helps the experienced helpline team to be there for every single person for as long as they need.
- £40 can help fund a nurse study day so that nurses can benefit from training in all aspects of lymphoma treatment and the care of people affected by the disease.
“Being the charity of the fortnight helps us to reach our aim to make sure that no one has to face their lymphoma alone”
You may also be interested in...
At Christmas, we turn to Google. But just what are we searching for at this festive time of the year, and are mince pies...Read more
Ready to get started?
Start shopping today - just choose a charity, enter a few details and you can be raising in minutes.