Go Glamping Guide - UK
Glamping in the UK is all about leaving behind the bustle of home and heading out to the tree-dressed Pennines or salt-washed Welsh coast. Listed below is some glamping inspiration, thanks to Vrbo.
Types of Glamping:
The first step to putting together a perfect UK glamping trip is deciding what sort of camping takes your fancy. Here are 3 examples of the types of stays that await across Old Blighty:
- Glamping in the UK for families: Glamping could be the perfect family escape you've been waiting for. Far away from the TV screens and computers, it should be just you, the crew and the great outdoors. What's more, the abundance of dog-friendly glamping stays between the Cornish beaches and Scottish crags means you can usually bring Fido along for the adventure.
- Romantic UK glamping for couples: There's a lot to be said about the romantic side of glamping stays. For starters, these accommodations tend to be truly remote and secluded, so you'll enjoy plenty of privacy. What's more, they offer front-row seats to some of the most wonderful UK nature parks. That makes hand-in-hand walks through the New Forest or across the Welsh cliffs a daily possibility.
- Glamping in the UK for luxury lovers: You certainly won't have to forgo any creature comforts if you choose a luxury glamping stay in the UK. You might even find that the classiest camp pods are up there with the most opulent cottages and home rentals. They can have permanent kitchens, stylish ensuite bathrooms, large deck spaces and even hot tubs bubbling away in their gardens.
Glamping in the UK countryside
Take your pick of these top 3 places that make for a glamping trip immersed in the UK backcountry. They've got dales, fells and reflective lakes to get the wanderlust truly stoked.
- Glamping in Yorkshire: Yorkshire glamping promises and fusion of raw English history and wild nature. The Dales are among the best areas to visit, what with their stretches of the Pennine Way hiking path and the striking bulwarks of Skipton Castle – a Norman citadel that's among the best-preserved in the UK.
- Glamping in the Lake District: The celebrated – and UNESCO-attested – Lake District National Park is one of the most iconic reserves in the UK. It's also a glamper's haven, with the likes of Ambleside and Keswick putting you right under the summits of Skiddaw and Scafell Pike. If you're not one to pull on the boots, then you could head to the Beatrix Potter Museum at Bowness or meditative punt cruises on Lake Windermere.
- Glamping in Scotland: Scotland is a glamping destination for the most adventurous and outdoorsy. From Loch Lomond to the Great Glen, the range of cabins and wigwams here promises to get you encompassed by windblown ridges and peaks. The summit of Ben Nevis is conquerable if you settle in Fort William, while the kids might prefer to see if they can spot Loch Ness up by Inverness.
Glamping, UK coast style
No glamping tour of the UK can ignore the nigh-on 8,000 miles of coastline that rings these islands. If you're keen to sleep where the surf rolls in or the sand slopes to the shores, consider these 3 top picks.
- Glamping in Wales: For an escape that's laced with Welsh cakes and warming cawl broth, the western corner of the UK is a must. The coastline is a jewel in the Celtic crown. It hits heights in Pembrokeshire, where a coastal national park hosts dolphins and swell-battered Whitesands beach. Then there's the Gower Peninsula, with hidden gems like Three Cliffs Bay.
- Devonshire glamping: The white-capping waves of Westward Ho! and the surfside shacks of Saunton Sands are what beckon travellers to the untameable north coast of Devon. It's a great destination to holiday if you're considering bringing the surfboard with you.
- Cornish glamping in the UK: Cornwall has more beaches and bays than you can shake a pasty at. Popular coastal destinations are all over, but highlights for families include the charming harbour town of Padstow and the pretty resort of St Ives, which brings a curiously sub-tropical air to proceedings with clusters of palms and glowing sky-blue seas.
Don't forget to book your perfect villa through Give as you Live Online, you'll raise FREE donations for your favourite charity in the process!
What is Give as you Live Online?
Give as you Live Online is a FREE online fundraising platform that has raised over £24 million for UK charities just through online shopping. There are over 6,000 stores listed and over 200,000 charities available to support. Sign up, click through Give as you Live Online and raise free donations whenever you shop!
Offers, donation rates and participating stores are correct at the time of writing and are subject to change. Please visit the Give as you Live Online website for the most up to date information.
Ready to get started?
Start shopping today - just choose a charity, enter a few details and you can be raising in minutes.