Lockdown-Friendly Easter Activities for the Family!
The Easter weekend will be very different this year, but don't think that only being able to leave home for those essential journeys means you can't have fun with the family!
Give as you Live are here, with some fun ideas to give the family an egg-cellant Easter!
1. Organise an egg hunt
The perfect way to keep the children entertained over a few days - get them cutting out and decorating egg-shaped clues with space for you to write on before you hide them around your house.
You could keep this going even longer by breaking the hunt into different rooms. Get creative - if it's time to change the bedding, why not hide the clues inside pillowcases, or underneath the sheet?
As well as chocolate prizes, why not give the kids challenge prizes to help others during the COVID-19 pandemic, such as:
- Food items to donate to your local food bank, which you could take on your daily walk.
- Print outs of a window display for them to colour in.
- A small donation to a charity in need. You could get the kids to research local charities that interest them, such as animal rescue centres or their school charity.
2. Mind that egg!
This could last 1 day, the weekend, or even a whole week - it's up to you!
Hard boil an egg, and get the kids to decorate it, choose a name, and give it a personality. Then, provide a list of rules they must follow:
- Egg must be with you while you clean your teeth.
- Egg must be read to once-a-day for at least 10 minutes
- Egg must join you at meal times
- Egg must be in bed by 7:30pm
- All rules are worth 5 points / a sticker / item of your choice.
- The winner will receive £10 on Sunday at 7pm, providing your egg is still intact.
- Sabotaging each others egg will result in disqualification and you will pay the winner £10 from your own bank!
If the eggs make it to the end, they could also be replaced with chocolate ones for Easter Sunday!
3. Take a Virtual Farm Walk!
If the kids love to be outdoors and they love animals, this one's for you! Visit lots of different parts of the farm with farmers Sally and David, meet the animals, look at the tractors and even go for a pond dip!
You can take the virtual farm walk here. Enjoy!
Thanks for visiting the Give as you Live Online blog! Give as you Live Online is a FREE-to-use website, which enables you to raise donations for the charity of your choice every time you shop online. Whether you're buying new shoes for the kids, ordering a takeaway or switching your electricity supplier, we'll pay a donation (equivalent to a percentage of your spend) to your charity, at no cost to you. Sign up today, or find out more by clicking the banner below.
Ready to get started?
Start shopping today - just choose a charity, enter a few details and you can be raising in minutes.