Recently, the RNLI and Blue Cross sent their supporters an email about Give as you Live. The response rates they received knocked our socks off, and we wanted to share their best practice with you.
But, first, the stats:
The RNLI sent this email to their supporters on a Friday afternoon. The results?
- A 39% click through rate
- Over 400 people signing up to discover Give as you Live
- With an average spend of £75/year this could result in an extra £30,000 in unrestricted income for RNLI this year
Blue Cross sent this email to their supporters. The results?
- An open rate of 16%
- Their highest click through rate of 2011
- Nearly 150 people signing up to discover Give as you Live
- With an average spend of £75/year this could result in an extra £11,250 in unrestricted income for Blue Cross this year
So, how did they achieve such great results? And how can you do the same?
- Be Focused. Both emails featured Give as you Live as the primary ask. Focus will always improve your response rates
- Let the Give as you Live brands do the hard work for you. We’ve worked hard to include the brands your donors trust most. By sharing these fantastic brands with your donors they will see that Give as you Live can be trusted.
- Be clear in your call to action. Don’t try to tell your donors everything at once. Simply explain the concept and ask your donors to sign up to discover Give as you Live. The more succinct the better.
- Use the tools we have provided. In your Everyclick Admin you will find email text and buttons you can download and include in your next email. Sign in and download your free tools today.
If you have any questions, or would like help in designing your next email communication, please contact us.