So far you’ve helped raise over £1,000 for just by shopping, ordering, and fundraising online via Give as you Live.
About The Big Issue Foundation
The Big Issue offers people facing poverty and exclusion the opportunity to earn their own money; a livelihood. The Big Issue Foundation is an independent charity working alongside the magazine distribution network. The Big Issue Foundation aims to maximize the success of each vendor’s selling career and engage them with opportunities to address the issues that have bought them to the charity in the first instance or issues that have arisen as a result of their experiences of poverty, social and financial difficulties.
The service team support vendors to determine their own paths towards a better future and then connects them with local services to achieve it. They provide vendors with bespoke support to help them address the issues that may have contributed to their housing insecurity, or the issues that have arisen as a result. The Big Issue Foundation enables vendors to open bank accounts, access health services, find accommodation, meet their aspirations and reconnect with families and friends, volunteer, train, learn and start their own enterprises and find paid work.
How can I raise funds for The Big Issue Foundation?
- Support The Big Issue Foundation through Give as you Live; each time you shop online you’ll raise free funds!
- Make a one-off donation to The Big Issue Foundation.
- Purchase a reloadable shopping card and raise each time you top up.
Where do the funds I raise for The Big Issue Foundation go?
- £7 could fund a return ticket to enable a vendor to attend a health assessment at the hospital.
- £25 could help a Big Issue vendor keep his best friend healthy.
“Our vision is to create opportunities that will end poverty and exclusion for Big Issue vendors”