Raise free funds for Debra?
What is Epidermolysis Bullosa?
This is a painful genetic skin blistering condition which, in the worst cases, can be fatal. Those born with EB have skin so fragile they are called 'butterfly children' – their skin is quite simply as fragile as the wing of a butterfly. Painful open wounds and sores form where this exceptionally fragile skin is damaged – in some cases, internal linings and organs are also affected.
Tragically, certain types of EB can be fatal in infancy and others are severely life-limiting. We estimate that there are more than 5,000 people living with EB in the UK, and 500,000 worldwide.
Ways to raise funds for Debra:
- Give as you Live = Shop online & every purchase will raise free funds!
- You can donate to Debra here >
- Purchase a reloadable in-store shopping card and raise each time you top up!
Where do the funds raised go?
- £15 could buy a special needs feeder system for babies who have blistered mouths
- £32 could pay for a Debra member to be supported by our community and membership support team for a month
- £168 could pay for an hour of pioneering research
- £597 could pay for a Debra member to be supported through healthcare, membership and community support team for a year
‘’We have a vision of a world where no one suffers from the painful genetic skin blistering condition, EB.’’
You may also be interested in...
About Marine Conservation Society The Marine Conservation Society is the UK’s leading marine charity. They work extremely...Read more
During Give as you Live Week we gave our users the opportunity to win a £500 donation for their charity simply by shopping...Read more
Ready to get started?
Start shopping today - just choose a charity, enter a few details and you can be raising in minutes.