So far we’ve helped Young Epilepsy raise over £1,000 for just by shopping, ordering, and fundraising online via Give as you Live.
About Young Epilepsy
Young Epilepsy is a UK charity that supports over 112,000 children and young people under-25 with epilepsy in the UK. The charity provides a range of services including a helpline, health information resources, training courses for professionals in health, social care and education and the promotion of good practice in schools.
What is Epilepsy?
Epilepsy is a disorder of the brain which causes a tendency to have recurring seizures. The fact that seizures can reoccur is key, as a one-off seizure does not mean it is epilepsy. It can affect anyone, at any age. An epileptic seizure results from a sudden electrical discharge in the brain that causes changes in sensation, behaviour or consciousness.
Seizures can take many forms because the brain is responsible for such a wide range of functions. Seizure symptoms depend on where in the brain this abnormal burst of electrical activity happens. As a result, there are many different types of seizures. Most seizures usually last from a few seconds to a few minutes and usually stop without any treatment.
- Approximately 600,000 people in the UK have epilepsy which is equivalent to around 1 in 103 people.
- The total number of children aged 4-years and under with epilepsy is approximately 1 in 509.
How can I raise funds for Young Epilepsy?
- Support Young Epilepsy through Give as you Live, each time you shop online you’ll raise free funds!
- You can make a one-off donation to Young Epilepsy
- Purchase a reloadable shopping card and raise each time you top up
Where do the funds raised for Young Epilepsy go?
£10 – Could provide four families with epilepsy information and resources
£70 – Could fund our helpline for a day, supporting families and young people