Congratulations to Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary our charity of the month this August!
So far we’ve helped Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary raise over £2,500 just by shopping, ordering and booking online via Give as you Live.
About Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary…
The charity provides lifetime help and care for horses, ponies, donkeys, goats, sheep, cows and cats which are victims of physical and mental abuse. This can result in ignorance or malicious intent. Their ethos is providing them with an environment where they are safe and, after a lifetime of doing their best for mankind, or being abused by mankind – that they now have a life built around them giving them all they need and asking nothing of them.
The work at the Sanctuary is giving those animals (most of which are survivors of the most horrendous cruelty) the very best of care, allowing the younger ones to get over their abuse and develop into happy adults, or for the older ones to spend their twilight years doing as they wish.
The Five Freedoms – Identified by The Animal Welfare Act 2006, which enshrines the animal owner’s ‘Duty of Care’ in British Law:
- Freedom from hunger or thirst – the animal has little or no access to fresh water and/or food.
- Freedom from discomfort – the animal does not have somewhere to lie down or gain shelter or exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease – the animal clearly shows disease, an untreated injury or perhaps severely overgrown hooves.
- Freedom to express (most) normal behaviour – the animal is tethered incorrectly and/or does not have sufficient space or proper facilities and living conditions.
- Freedom from fear and distress – abandoned animals, those subject to dog attacks, low flying aircraft or similar or those suffering from any of the above.
How can you help??
- Give as you Live – Shop online & every purchase will raise free funds!
- Donate – Online via Everyclick >>
- Sponsorship Programme – You can sponsor one of the animals for just £25 a year.
- Fundraise – From bake sales to bike rides, there’s lots of ways for you to fundraise!
- Cards for Causes – Buy a reloadable store card & each time you top it up you raise free funds!