Free Easter Activities for the Family!
Easter doesn't have to mean expensive days out! Give as you Live is here, with some fun ideas to give the family an egg-cellant Easter!
1. Organise an egg hunt
The perfect way to keep the children entertained over a few days - get them cutting out and decorating egg-shaped clues with space for you to write on before you hide them around your house.
You could keep this going even longer by breaking the hunt into different rooms. Get creative - if it's time to change the bedding, why not hide the clues inside pillowcases, or underneath the sheet?
As well as paper eggs, you could add chocolate prizes or challenge them to find prizes to help others, such as:
- Food items to donate to your local food bank, which you could take with you on a walk to your local drop off point
- Print outs of a window display for them to colour in.
- A small donation to a charity in need. You could get the kids to research local charities that interest them, such as animal rescue centres or their school charity.
2. Mind that egg!
This could last 1 day, the weekend, or even a whole week - it's up to you!
Hard boil an egg, and get the kids to decorate it, choose a name, and give it a personality. Then, provide a list of rules they must follow:
- Egg must be with you while you clean your teeth.
- Egg must be read to once-a-day for at least 10 minutes
- Egg must join you at meal times
- Egg must be in bed by 7:30pm
- All rules are worth 5 points / a sticker / item of your choice.
- The winner will receive £10 on Sunday at 7pm, providing your egg is still intact.
- Sabotaging each others egg will result in disqualification and you will pay the winner £10 from your own bank!
If the eggs make it to the end, they could also be replaced with chocolate ones for Easter Sunday!
3. Take a walk to see the lambs!
If the kids love to be outdoors and they love animals, this one's for you! Visit your local rural communities and try to find the lambs! Many fields will have access points, public walkways or areas where you can view the sheep and their little ones.
See how many lambs you can count!
What is Give as you Live Online?
Give as you Live Online is a FREE online fundraising platform that has raised over £18,000,000 for UK charities just through online shopping. There are over 5,500 stores listed and over 200,000 charities available to support. Sign up, click through Give as you Live Online and raise free donations whenever you shop!
Offers, donation rates and participating stores are correct at the time of writing and are subject to change. Please visit the Give as you Live Online website for the most up to date information.
Ready to get started?
Start shopping today - just choose a charity, enter a few details and you can be raising in minutes.