Check out 15 unique Father's Day Gifts that give back to charity. Make Father's Day 2023 a special one this year!Read more
Missing Donation Guide
Missing a donation? We can help.
If you were expecting a donation that hasn't appeared in your account, you can let us know by submitting a claim for a missing donation. We will then contact the retailer to track the donation down for you!
- How long does it take for a donation to show in my account?
- Why haven't I received a donation?
- How do I make a claim?
- What details will I need to submit a claim?
- What will happen after I make a Claim?
How long does it take for a donation to show in my account?
Donations can take up to 7 days to appear in your account. This is because we require data from the retailer before we can update your account. Most retailers are quick to send us the required information and in the majority of cases, your donation will appear in your account quickly after the purchase.
Why haven't I received my donation?
Most of our members raise donations without any issue, however, we advise you to follow these steps to make sure your charity receives your donation every time:
- Use Give as you Live Online each time you shop: Make sure you click through to the retailer from our website, App or Donation Reminder.
- Only use voucher Codes provided by Give as you Live Online: We have endless amounts of great offers that you can use! Try not to use any voucher codes from anywhere else as your donations might be declined by the retailer.
- Check retailer's terms and conditions before you shop: You can view a retailer's terms and conditions on their store page on Give as you Live Online. It is important to check the store's donation rates and important information before you shop as some of our stores have restrictions, such as only donating if you're a new customer.
- Disable Antivirus software or amend your settings: If you want to use adblockers/antivirus software you will need to amend your settings to make sure your visits get tracked to the retailer. We recommend that you either disable the software or add our whitelist. Make sure cookies are enabled on your web browser too.
- Complete your shop in one go: Try to complete your shop in one visit to make sure that it has been tracked properly. Making multiple visits might result in your shop being credited to another website.
- Avoid making returns: If you cancel or return something from your order, your donation won't be credited.
If you are ever unsure about a donation, our help team will be able to assist you.
How do I make a claim?
If you've used Give as you Live Online but your donation hasn't automatically appeared in your account within 7 days, please let us know by submitting a claim. We can accept claims up to 100 days old.
If a donation has been added to your account and is not the amount you expected - you can submit a claim for an incorrect donation. If a donation was added to your account but has since been declined by the retailer, you can submit a claim for declined donation.
What details will I need to submit a claim?
To submit a claim, please have ready the following details. These will be on the receipt from your shop:
- The date of your shop
- Order reference
- Order amount
What will happen after I make a Claim?
Once you have completed our claim form, our claims team will contact you to let you know that we have received your claim and submitted it to the retailer.
It may take a few months for the retailer to make a decision but as soon as they've told us, we'll let you know. If the claim has been approved, you'll receive a 'thank you' email with how much has been raised.
We always do our best to get a successful outcome, however, we can't guarantee that all claims will be approved.
What is Give as you Live Online?
Give as you Live Online is a FREE online fundraising platform that has raised over £27 million for UK charities just through online shopping. There are over 6,000 stores listed and over 200,000 charities available to support. Sign up, click through Give as you Live Online and raise free donations whenever you shop!
Offers, donation rates and participating stores are correct at the time of writing and are subject to change. Please visit the Give as you Live Online website for the most up to date information.
You may also be interested in...
Looking to see how you can increase your fundraising? Read up on how Michelle uses Give as you Live Online to raise donations...Read more
Looking for ways to celebrate International Day of Happiness? Look no further! We've put together a list for you to take...Read more
Ready to get started?
Start shopping today - just choose a charity, enter a few details and you can be raising in minutes.