Congratulations to MS UK our charity of the month this July!
So far we’ve helped MS-UK raise over £3,450 just by shopping, ordering or booking online via Give as you Live.
MS-UK is a national charity dedicated to empowering people with multiple sclerosis to make the most of today, and live life to the full. Their vision is anyone affected by multiple sclerosis can access the information and support they need to ensure they have independence, choice and control.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease of the central nervous system (within your brain and spinal cord). MS is an auto-immune disease, which means the immune system gets confused and instead of attacking an infection or virus, it turns on itself and attacks this protective sheath. Over 100,000 people in the UK have multiple sclerosis and there are roughly three times as many women with MS as men. MS is usually diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 40, but children and older adults can develop it but it’s less common.
The 4 types of MS:
- Relapsing Remitting MS (RRMS) – Experience clinical attacks, or relapses periodically.
- Secondary Progressive MS (SPMS) – Characterised by fewer or no relapses and a gradual worsening of symptoms.
- Primary Progressive MS (PPMS) – Initially diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS (RRMS) may then and in the future can transition to secondary progressive MS (SPMS).
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome (CIS) – Caused by inflammation or demyelination in one or more sites in the central nervous system.
How can you help:
- Fundraise for MS-UK by doing a marathon or even running a bake sale?
- Corporate support by team building and raising awareness.
- Keep donating as it’s a vital service for anyone affected by multiple sclerosis. Every penny counts, and your donation will help us continue our work.
- Simply by shopping online via Give as you Live you’ll raise free funds for MS UK – Sign up here >>