Interesting in finding out more about Give as you Live? Give s you Live CEO Polly Gowers, OBE holds a weekly webinar, “An Introduction to Give as you Live” every Friday at 11am. You can ask questions during the webinar and find out all you need to know about this proven way to raise recurring, unrestricted funds for your charity or school.
We’ve put together a short guide to help you get the most out of the webinar.
Sign up for the next webinar now, or read the FAQs below…
Uncertain how webinars work? It’s really quite simple:
- Register at http://everyclick.webex.com, and we’ll email you a confirmation telling you what to do next.
- Follow the link in the email or go back to http://everyclick.webex.com 15 minutes before the webinar is due to start to download the software and join the webinar.
- Remember that you’ll need to dial in with your phone to hear audio. You’ll be prompted to dial in when you start, and you’ll also be given the number in your confirmation and reminder emails.
Q. What time should I join the webinar?
A. The webinars start at 11am every Friday. Please join at least ten minutes before the start time, so you don’t miss any of the presentation. You are able to join the webinar 30 minutes before it starts to give you good time to download the software required.
Q. Do I need to login to attend?
A. Yes. On the day, click on the event link from your reminder email, enter your name and email address, and click the Join button. Follow the instructions to join teleconference / audio.
Q. Why is the Join Now button not activated?
A. The Join Now button will be active once the host starts the event. This will be 30 minutes before the start time.
Q. I registered for the event but can’t join – what might be causing this?
A. You should disable all pop-up blockers – even those included with any internet browser toolbars you have installed on your computer. Once you’ve disabled your pop-up blockers, try joining the event again. Before you get into the event, you will see a page on your screen with “One Moment Please…”. Do not close that page or refresh your browser when you see that screen.
Q. How do I set up audio for the webinar?
A. To hear the audio, you must join the teleconference. The teleconference numbers will appear on your screen once you have joined online. The teleconference numbers are also given in your webinar confirmation and reminder emails.
Q. Do I need a password to attend?
A. Yes – the password for all webinars is giveasyoulive.
Q. I registered but never received, or lost, the confirmation email – how do I join?
A. On the day of the event, go to http://everyclick.webex.com/ and look for the webinar you wish to attend in the list. Click the Join Now button with your event. If a form appears, enter your information, submit, and you will be taken into the event.
Q. The presentation being shown doesn’t fit on my screen – how do I fix this?
A. Please set your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels.
Q. How do I ask questions during the webinar?
A. When you’ve joined the webinar, move your cursor to the top of the screen to reveal the menu. From here, you can select the messaging and Q&A options. You can use either of these to ask the speaker a question. You may need to click on the “eject” symbol on the right of the menu to reveal all options.
Q. What are the computer system requirements for joining the webinar?
A. The system requirements are given below. Please note that the WebEx plug-in which you’ll need to install to view the webinar will not install if your browser has high security settings, or you do not have administrative rights on your PC. Please check with your IT team/administrator in good time for the webinar to make sure you’ll be able to install it.
- A telephone for the audio – you will need to dial in on your phone using the number given in the confirmation and reminder emails.
- A 56Kbps internet connection or better. (Any broadband connection is definitely fast enough.)
- Windows Users – You should be using Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox 2, Mozilla 1.7+, Netscape 8.1 or higher.
- Mac Users – Firefox 2, Safari 3.0 (Mac OS 10.4,10.5), Safari 2.0 (Mac OS 10.4) Safari 1.3 (Mac OS 10.3).
- Linux Users – Firefox 2, Mozilla 1.7 or higher.
Q. Can I attend if I’m on a Mac?
A. You can attend a webinar with Mac OSX or above, Firefox and Safari browsers.
- Requires Apple Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 or higher
Q. How do I contact you for technical support?
A. You can email email@example.com or call 0800 883 8450. If possible, please leave good time for us to answer your enquiry.